Monday, December 6, 2010

computers, final project

So for my final project for computers, I wanted to experiment with animation-- and the easiest way of doing that was through gifs. I was inspired by BLU...


MUTO a wall-painted animation by BLU from blu on Vimeo.


... to create something multimedia.  For all of my gifs, I used a combination of text, drawing, or found images.

The image in the gif at the top is from an old National Geographic I found in my old art class.  I sampled the drawing on top from a something I'd done in my journal a while ago.

I wanted to experiment with changing the meaning of an image, having a photograph tell a different story.

Below is a gif made with an image of a clown (also from the National Geographic) and an image of glitter I found online.  It didn't work when I tried (3 times) to upload it but I still think it looks sort of cool so Im keeping it on here... maybe Prof. Blinebury can show me what I did wrong?

Photobucket

I think I may actually like it better this way, all deconstructed and odd.

I also wanted to experiment with drawing directly into photographs, to get some variety within my compositions...


Photobucket

Below I created different layers of a Henry Darger piece, and put in a quote from the Realms of the Unreal. I LOVE Henry Darger. I have a book of his checked out from the library that's racking up some major late fees because I can't bring myself to return it....

Photobucket


(It has some weird pixelation happening on the edge/ the timing is off.  How do I keep that from happening?? However, although it's unintentional, I sort of love it)

aaaand the last one isn't uploading, sadly...
 I'm going to get this to work. Eventually.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment